Sutti Bounders for Modular Pediatric Bracing – Dorsi Stop
Sutti Bounders store & return energy mimicking normal muscle function.
New “Sutti Bounders” modular pediatric dynamic elastomers are a patent pending elastomer technology that offer two progressive solutions. Sutti Bounders store and return energy – mimicking normal muscle function to produce both eccentric and concentric contractions and if needed, a ground reaction force. Smart and simple modular design, standardized sizes and three levels of performance to choose from add up to an easy to use expandable dynamic system to treat your pediatric and young adult patient base.
Sutti Bounders are a perfect choice for:
- The patient has crouch gait. Bounders produce both active PF in late stance but a rigid DF stop within midstance to help create a KE moment though a ground reaction force.
- The patient has mild to moderate crouch gait with low tone.
- The patient has tone or spasticity and stand with their knees in slight flexion. The DF stop produces a resting point to assist with standing for long periods of time.
- The patient has poor volitional control of lower limb muscle and need a kinesthetic reminder to control both DF and PF. Both PF and DF can be set similar to a double adjustable
AFO without the weight or bulkiness of the conventional metal joints.
Sutti Bounders deliver results:
- Limits tibial progression to produce a ground reaction
- Produces active plantar-flexion
- Eccentric control to assist with smooth progression of the tibia
- Controlled kinesthetic awareness
- Works with patient’s muscles to provide support for normal gait
- Reduces the effects of Dystonia through increased proprioception
- Tone reducing